Name Our Weedy Seadragon… and Win!
Thank you! Entries now closed as of Sunday October 14
We’ve had a fabulous response and we will be picking the top 3 or 4 names for people to vote on over at our Facebook page. Make sure you follow us on Facebook to vote for your favourite and we will announce the winner on Friday October 19
Our beloved Weedy Seadragon needs a name and we want you to choose it!
We are very excited about this awesome competition. This little creature, and the marine emblem of the State of Victoria, has been with us from the very beginning. Displayed on the side of our ferries, the Weedy Seadragon has journeyed far and wide, a constant and loyal companion for Port Phillip Ferries.
We’ve even created a super cute and super plush Weedy Seadragon toy, which now features in our recently released Kids Activity Packs.
Our fishy friend is finally going to get a permanent name, and you’ve just got to check out the awesome competition prizes below.
Although the competition is over, if you would like to stay up to date with any Fun, Ferry, Family news and Adventures, feel free to enter your details below to stay in touch.
Learn All About The Weedy Seadragon
Ten Fun Facts:
1. Did you know this spectacular fish is a close relative of the seahorse?
2. Unlike their seahorse cousins, their thin tails cannot be used to grip onto things
3. With a body wrapped in rings and decorated with elaborate seaweed-like accessories, it’s a master of camouflage
4. They are awkward swimmers and seem quite content to tumble and drift in the current like seaweed
5. Weedy Sea Dragons use their long snouts to feed. They do not have teeth or a stomach, so they eat almost constantly while covering wide areas searching for prey
6. They feed on mysid shrimp, a favourite food, and other small crustaceans, plankton, and larval fishes
7. Weedy Sea Dragons like to swim alone or in pairs. They are most active during the daytime
8. The male Sea dragons take care of the developing eggs
9. Weedy Sea Dragons live in sheltered reefs and seagrass beds in shallow bays
10. Sea Dragons are only found in Australia
The winner will walk away with not one but 6 prizes!
All of which exude fun and awesomeness.
⛴️ A Return Trip for 4 with Port Phillip Ferries ⛴️
👨👩👧👦 General Admission Day Passes for 4 to Adventure Park 👨👩👧👦
🎡 Family Flight with the Melbourne Star Observation Wheel 🎡
🐟 A copy of the ‘Melbourne Down Under’ DVD 🐟
🧢 A Port Phillip Ferries Baseball Cap 🧢
📢 Massive Bragging rights 📢
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
Competition Runs Monday September 17 to Sunday October 14. The lucky winner will be notified by Friday October 19. The Melbourne Star Voucher is redeemable until September 10, 2019. The Adventure Park General Admission Tickets are valid for the 2018/19 season Oct 27, 2018 to April 22, 2019. All Prizes will be posted to the winner once contacted.