Discover Bennett’s on Bellarine
One of our favourite little haunts on The Bellarine would have to be Bennett’s on the The Bellarine. Jamie and his family have created a wonderful space, where you can indulge in local wines, hearty pizza and soak up the sunshine and views from their vineyard. On our last visit, we asked Jamie to write a guest blog post, just for us… and here is what he came up with! Enjoy!
In a world where travel has become its own subculture, there is something intimate and charming about exploring your own backyard. And when you live near the Bellarine Peninsula, there is so much to discover…and eat…and drink!
Does enjoying pizza and wine on a vineyard on a gorgeous Saturday afternoon sound good to you? Yeah, it does to us too, and you don’t have to travel overseas to indulge! We have it all at Bennett’s on Bellarine and it is easier then ever to come pay us a visit; you just have to follow these five easy steps!
- Whether you are coming from Melbourne or Geelong just hop on the ferry, sit back and relax and cruise into Portarlington.
- From there our courtesy bus will pick you up and bring you out to our rustic, cozy vineyard, which looks out over the You Yangs.
- Pick one of our locally made wines and enjoy old-style family hospitality while you feast on wood-fired pizza from our Forge Pizzeria pop-up shop. The only one of its kind along the Bellarine.
- Spend the afternoon sitting under the gum trees and walking through the vineyard before catching the bus back to the ferry for your trip home.
- Cruise home while enjoying stunning views of Port Phillip Bay, the Melbourne skyline and the coast!
We are looking forward to having you over sometime soon!
– Jamie and the Team at Bennett’s on Bellarine