Port Phillip Ferry travels between Portarlington, on the Bellarine Peninsula, and Docklands, Melbourne. We travel 365 days of the year with 3 trips per day.
PLEASE NOTE: We are soon about to commence docking at a new location in Docklands. It will only be a few hundred metres away from our current location. Please keep an eye on our social media, and this location page, for any updates we may have.
Departure / Arrival point: Victoria Harbour, Docklands
Getting to Docklands
- The ferry berths at Docklands along Victoria Harbour Promenade.
- If you are catching a tram, take the 35, 70 or 75 tram to Bourke St/Harbour Esplanade Tram Stop. Or trams 11 and 48 to Victoria Harbour Docklands Tram Stop.
- If you are catching a train, get to Southern Cross station and take the Northern exit. Walk towards Etihad Stadium
and take the stairs down to the left to reach Docklands area. Continue walking along Victoria Harbour Promenade.
For more directions and public transport access, download our information sheet (PDF 905KB).
Note: If travelling from Portarlington, once you get off the ferry you are closely located to the Melbourne City Circle tram CBD free tram service. You do not require a MYKI card if only travelling within the CBD free tram network. You can find more information on that here.
Departure / Arrival point: Portarlington Pier, Portarlington
Getting to Portarlington Pier
Depending on which direction you're coming from on the beautiful Bellarine Peninsula, you can drive to Portarlington Pier a number of different ways.
- From the western side, take Portarlington Road (Geelong Road) headed north-east, continue as it turns into Newcombe Street and turn left onto Harding Street right at the end of the journey
- From the south, take Queenscliff Road headed north, turn left onto Newcombe Street and then right onto Harding Street
- If you're driving from St Leonards, take The Esplanade headed north and then west as it turns into Hood Road
For information on the bus service departing Portarlington head here.