Port Phillip Ferry travels between Portarlington, on the Bellarine Peninsula, and Docklands, Melbourne.
We travel 365 days of the year with 2 trips per day.
Departure / Arrival point: Victoria Harbour, Docklands
Getting to Docklands
- The ferry berths at Docklands along Victoria Harbour Promenade. Just opposite Merchant Street off Bourke St.
- Trams: Take the 35, 70 or 75 tram to Bourke St/Harbour Esplanade Tram Stop or trams 11 and 48 to Victoria Harbour Docklands Tram Stop.
- If you are waking from Harbour Esplanade, we are approx. 250 metres walk from across the road from Etihad Stadium.
- Train: Get to Southern Cross station and take the Northern exit. Walk towards Etihad Stadium and take the stairs down to the left to reach Docklands area. Continue walking along Victoria Harbour Promenade. You will need to allow at least 10 minutes to walk from Southern Cross.
For more directions and public transport access, download our information sheet (PDF 905KB).
Note: If travelling from Portarlington, once you get off the ferry you are closely located to the Melbourne CBD free tram service. You do not require a MYKI card if only travelling within the CBD free tram network. You can find more information on that here.
Departure / Arrival point: Portarlington Pier, Portarlington
Getting to Portarlington Pier
- The Portarlington Pier is located quite centrally in Portarlington, just a short 3 minute walk from the main street, Newcombe Street.
- Turn off Newcombe Street onto Harding Street in the direction of the water. You will easily view the pier
- You will need to allow a few minutes to walk down the very end of the pier to reach the ferry terminal
- Parking: There is plenty of FREE parking close to the pier
- You may like to grab a coffee at one of the local cafes before heading off for your journey
For information on the PTV bus service departing Portarlington head here.