Low Light Festival
May 3 @ 8:00 am - June 30 @ 11:59 pm
Over the weekends of May and June, Queenscliff comes alight with the luminous boutique Fringe Festival, the Low Light Festival.
Aptly named after the offsetting low season of Queenscliff, the festival sees the finest international, national and local artists and culinary talents embracing the seaside town of Queenscliff with warming and immersive comforts and arts.
Queenscliff’s infamous Victorian-era architecture, public spaces, galleries, cafes, bars and restaurants play host to an array of events, including (but certainly not limited to):
- Art exhibitions – Lux Anemograph exhibition, Michale Leunig & Jim Pavldis in conversation, light display, literary festival exhibition & historia print exchange, winter solstice fire sculptures
- Film premieres and screenings – Her Story Her Sound, A Boy Called Sailboat, Under the Tree, Oh Lucy!
- Spoken word and literary readings – Author encounter with Robert Gott, William McInnes in conversation with Sean Dooley
- Music performances – Archie Roach, Clare Bowditch, Dan Sultan, Fenn Wilson, Mark Lang
- Food experiences – progressive dinners, gin and whisky masterclasses, a twilight meal at the Captain’s table, Queenscliff winter market
And the above is only a sample of some of the goings-on of the Low Light Festival. Be sure to gaze over the extensive program. There is so much happening that will capture your attention and engage your senses.
To make a weekend out of it, check out some magnificent accommodation options.