Geelong to Portarlington – We’re excited!
November 11 - December 23
Come cruise with the crew along the shoreline of Corio Bay. Travel from Geelong to spend an afternoon on the beautiful Bellarine or Portarlington to Geelong for a bite of lunch or an explore along the waterfront. With daylight savings underway, you might even get to enjoy the sunset on the way home from Geelong.
Here’s the plan:
Depart Portarlington at 12.45 pm for a 1.30 pm arrival into Geelong, before departing Geelong again at 3.15 pm
Depart Geelong at 3.15 pm for arrival into Portarlington at 4 pm.
Return trip departing Portarlington at 8.15 pm to take you back home to Geelong
Each journey takes approx 40-45 minutes
Heading to Portarlington. Here’s our top picks:
- After a stroll along the esplanade, wander up the street for an early dinner at the Grand Hotel
- Hire an Electric bike for a ride along the beautiful Esplanade or basically anywhere you want to
- Fish and chips by the beach
- Enjoy the beer garden at Saints and Sailors
- Cross your fingers the jam donut van is at the pier
- Catch the courtesy bus to Bennetts on Bellarine for wine and pizza (The Forge Pizzeria)
- Pick up some seafood from Mr Mussel to take home
- Drop a line off the pier
- Enjoy the sunset as you set off back to Geelong
- Head to the Portarlington Golf club for a hit of Twilight golf. 9 holes + Pot & Parmi for $40!
They have a great courtesy bus as well for pick up and drop offs, and if you don’t want to swing a club, simply book a meal in their friendly bistro.
Heading to Geelong. Here’s our top picks:
What a great way to arrive in Geelong. By water! See the city from another perspective and then enjoy one and a half hours to wander around the waterfront and grab a bite to eat.
- Ride the Carousel
- Bollard spotting at Eastern Beach
- Lunch at the many cafes along the waterfront
- Check out the awesome Xmas tree
- Grab a birds eye view from the ferris wheel
Return Trip Prices:
- Adult $25
- Concession $20 (Senior, Student, Health Care Card)
- Child $15 ( 4- 16 yrs)
- OR Grab a deal with the Family Pass $69 ( 2 x adults / 2 x children)
- 3 and under travel free
Departing from Portarlington Pier and Stoney Pier Geelong (next to Royal Geelong Yacht Club)